CALL (801) 374-6214
We are happy to be of service to you!
(801) 374-6214 (ph)
(801) 374-0634 (fx)
Standard for the Installation of Standpipes and Hose Systems
Current Edition: 2013 Next Edition: 2016
The best practices for standpipe and hose systems have changed. The 2013 edition of NFPA 14 is vital for fire protection professionals.
Follow the 2013 NFPA 14: Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems to improve fire protection and fire safety. This edition includes important technical changes that give system designers and installers additional guidance and support:
- Clarified language addresses hose valve locations with respect to horizontal exits
- New established clearance around hose valve handles helps ensure fire fighters wearing gloves can operate the valve without difficulty.
- Added requirements for heat tracing and new guidance with respect to "supervised"
- Clarified travel distance requirements relating to standpipe location throughout a floor area
- Fully revised requirements for drains and main drains clarify their intended function, purpose, and installation.
Information in NFPA 14 is essential for system designers and installers and also important for insurance professionals, AHJs, and anyone responsible for the operational readiness of standpipe and hose systems. (Softbound, Approx. 44 pp., 2013
Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
Standard on Fire Hose
Standard for the Installation of Stationary Fire Pumps for Fire Protection and Handbook Set
Standard for Spray Nozzles
Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers